Can we Palliate Social Media? Workshops & Leaflets
James Norris (Social Media Strategist & DeadSocial) will be co-hosting three workshops with Dr Mark Taubert & Dr Johnny Browne over the two days at Macmillan's annual Primary Care Conference.
'Can We Palliate Social Media' will explore how social media is changing the behaviour of both the patients and those providing primary care. If you are attending the conference please feel free to come along to a workshop if it is of interest.
Can we palliate social media? (Conference Support material)
Both the leaflet shown above and the presentation given will be available to attendees (digitally) by Macmillan in the coming weeks.
Can we palliate social media? (workshop timetable)
• Thursday 27th November (with James Norris & Dr Johnny Browne) 1.30pm-2.30pm
• Friday 28th November (with James Norris, Dr Mark Taubert & Dr Johnny Browne) 9.45am-10.45am
• Friday 28th November (with James Norris, Dr Mark Taubert & Dr Johnny Browne) 1.30pm-2.30pm
About the Macmillan Primary Care Conference
The two day conference for Macmillan's primary care community (including Macmillan GPs and a growing number of Practice Nurses) includes key sessions from a range of influential speakers, interactive workshops, delegate showcases and the opportunity for our primary care community to network and share ideas with colleagues from across the UK.
The theme of this year's conference is reflective of our developing work with Consultant Advisers with a focus on integrated working between primary and secondary care professionals. Many are identifying opportunities to work collaboratively in developing shared objectives across boundaries and services in order to provide the best outcome for people affected by cancer.
Hilton London Gatwick Airport, South Terminal, Gatwick Airport, Gatwick, RH6 0LL
If you are attending Macmillan's Primary Care conference feel free to come along to the 'Can We Palliate Social Media Workshop' on Friday 27th November between 9.45am-10.45am or 1.30pm-2.30pm.
Update (5th December 2014)
- Resources from the 'Can we Palliate Social Media' presentation will be available from Macmillan's website soon
- A writeup by Clifford Jone in the British Medical Journal about the 'Can we Palliate Social Media' workshop can be read here